Bonnie Ruddock is a certified Pilates Instructor, with extensive experience working in the dance, education and events industry.
Having been active and passionate about dance from a young age at school, Bonnie went on to achieve a BA (Hons) in Dance and Culture at the University of Surrey. It was during this time that she first came across Pilates, undertaking regular classes, immersing herself in the technique and learning about the history and core principles.
In 2012 Bonnie became an accredited Pilates instructor. Bonnie has always taught Pilates alongside her full time work with a passion to make it accessible to all, helping people to correct their posture, build flexibility, core strength and endurance.
Bonnie has worked in the dance sector for many years and has previously been employed at East London Dance and The Royal Ballet, London. During this time, she had many roles and responsibilities, with key highlights being:
- Obtaining the position of Learning and Participation Manager for The Royal Ballet. This involved planning and delivering large successful events and creative learning projects.
- Managing the Royal Opera House’s largest education project Chance to Dance, introducing young children to ballet.
- Responsible for presenting and launching the official Royal Ballet book for children ‘Ballet Spectacular’ at Waterstones Piccadilly London in 2014.
- Organising international learning events alongside the Royal Ballet tour Shanghai 2014 and New York 2015.
- Produced performances at the Royal Opera House (Linbury Studio Theatre and Main Stage).
- Managed a large team of 30+ people, artists, creative facilitators, administrative and event staff.
- Acted as a trustee to Dance Woking providing leadership and direction to festival activities.
Be Active for Life, Stay Strong and Flexible!
Our mission is to empower everyone to be active, achieve greater body awareness, fitness and good mental health through use of pilates exercises.
BActivePilates has been teaching Pilates classes since 2012. We are focused on providing clients with the original work of Joseph Pilates, using modified versions of his classical exercises, as a foundation and framework for our classes. We believe that this approach ensures Pilates is accessible to clients of all ages and abilities. Pilates can help you though all stages of life.
We thrive on bringing people and communities together. Through the enjoyment of exercise and socializing we can build networks and create meaningful relationships.
Providing Pilates classes around Mytchett, Frimley, Camberley, Farnborough and the surrounding area.