Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
We want to ensure all of our clients feel the benefits of Pilates and that you extend your knowledge of the practice and enjoy attending each week. If you commit to a booking with us you will receive:
- Fully qualified, knowledgeable Pilates instructors who have been trained to a high standard and have previous teaching experience.
- Class sizes that enable the instructor to provide hands-on-correction, feedback and individual direction during each class.
- Our courtesy make up class facility at community venues with prior arrangement and advance notice.
- Use of equipment at our studio (Studio 154) but you need to provide your own mat at community venues.
By booking and paying for a class/block of classes with BActivePilates you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below:
- All participants are required to complete a registration form prior to taking part in Pilates classes – this enables us to get a better understanding of your currently health and fitness (physical activity readiness), as well as capture key contract information and an emergency contact for you.
- Classes are booked on a first-come-first serve basis. We operate a waiting list for all classes, if someone cancels the person at the top of the waiting list will automatically be offered a place first.
- Refunds are not issued, you are committing to purchasing and attending a block booking/single class so please be sure of your purchase and check the dates in your diary for each booking. If you have a change to your circumstances there may be exceptions, this will be at our discretion. We ask that you get in touch at the earliest opportunity.
- All classes must be booked and paid for in advance, for both block booking and where possible pay-as-you-go/drop in attendance in order to secure your place in class (due to limited class numbers). We promote and offer discounts to those block booking to encourage participants to commit and establish Pilates as part of their weekly routine in order to enhance their understanding of the practice and feel the benefits and see results.
- Classes booked cannot be transferred to another person.
- If you work shifts or need to miss a class due to pre-arranged holidays you can discuss this with us to find a suitable solution to enable you to still participate in classes, providing you book and communicate attendance in advance. Courtesy make up classes may be offered at our community venues subject to availability and if space allows. You cannot make up classes in our studio as numbers are small. You cannot carry over any missed classes to the following half term block.
- For hygiene and comfort reasons many people bring their own mat to class. For community venues you should make arrangement to purchase and bring your own mat to the class. We provide mats in our studio which are cleaned periodically but you are still welcome to bring your own if preferred.
- You should notify us if you are going to be absent due to unexpected illness or if you are running late and unable to make it so that we can update our registers accordingly. Your safety is important to us otherwise we wonder what has happened to you. This also enables us to offer others to drop in or provide a courtesy make up as class.
- If you wish to change or cancel a private/corporate booking please provide at least 48-hours notice. If you only give 24-hours notice you will be charged 50% of the fee, less than 12-hours notice you will be charged 100% of the fee.
- You should notify us if there are any changes to your health or medical information. If you sustain an injury or need to withdraw from a block for medical reasons please contact us to discuss your options. We are committed to supporting you and your health is of upmost important to us. We may be able to roll-over the session for your return or in exceptional circumstances issue a refund.
- Photographs/Film may be captured in class. If you have given consent on your registration form this confirms you are happy to be featured and shared across our social media, website and any other marketing or promotional material printed either hard copy or electronically. If you no longer wish to be captured please let us know at the earliest opportunity in writing by email.
- If you have an issue or problem with any of our venues hosting classes (access, facilities, parking) please contact us directly so we can resolve this as swiftly as possible for you. We do ask that you DO NOT contact and present problems to our host venues as we wish to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all of our hosts. We are committed to providing safe, clean and accessible spaces and would ask that any queries regarding space are directed to us on the first instance.
- We are in no way responsible for safekeeping of personal belongings whilst you attend class. We make venues as safe as we can but belonging left are at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for anything lost or stolen. If you have left something behind in our studio or at a community venue please let us know and we will endeavor to find it for you.
- If you are struggling with anything during the class please notify the instructor so we can address this for you and we will do our best to help you.
- We reserve the right to change the instructor if the advertised instructor is unavailable due to illness, or unforeseen circumstances. No money will be refunded if there is a change to the class instructor.
- If there are not enough people booked into the class to run it for the half term we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund will be given.
- You understand that all exercises carry a risk and you voluntarily participate in Pilates classes with full knowledge that there is a risk of personal injury, property loss or death. By accepting these terms you agree that yourself, heirs, assigns, legal representatives will not sue or make claims against BActivePilates (Bonnie Ruddock) or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death caused by negligence or otherwise.
As you may be aware the General Data Protection (GDPR) came into effect from 25th May 2018. We have reviewed how we collect and store the data that you provide. Your trust is important to us and you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or emailing Bonnie@BActivePilates.co.uk, as well as request access to your data, make updates or request to delete your data.
How we use your data: The personal data collected about you via our registration form will include data relating to your name, address, date of birth, email address and medical information. We process your data to allow us to provide you with our services. Your data will also be used to manage future communications between us, including information about services, including Pilates class times and term dates. We will only use your data for the purpose for which it was collected. We do not share your data with any other third party. You can opt out from receiving such communications at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or emailing Bonnie@BActivePilates.co.uk
How we store your data: All data is stored in a secure database. All electronic data is password protected and only accessible by authorized individuals working for BActivePilates. Your hard copy notes and registration forms are filled securely for a period of up to 8 years as required by Law.
As a client of BActivePilates and by continuing to use our services you agree to these updated terms.